Featuring Clarinetist Boris Allakhverdvan, Cellist Ben Hong, and Pianist and Composer Talon Smith
Smith will also perform his 24 Preludes for Solo Piano (Premiere)
Santa Monica, CA – Sunday, February 5, 2023
Los Angeles Philharmonic’s Principal Clarinet Boris Allakhverdyan and Associate Principal Cello Ben Hong join internationally acclaimed, multi-award-winning 20-year-old pianist and composer Talon Smith for a very special performance of Brahms’ Trio Op. 114.
Talon Smith will also perform his newly published composition “24 Preludes” for solo piano. This is a unique opportunity to be among the first to hear Talon Smith’s new work performed live by the composer, showcasing his unique voice, style, virtuosity, and ability to evoke emotion through music. The first prints of 24 Preludes will be available for purchase at the concert. Smith will sign purchased copies after the concert.
This concert, organized by Trionfante Music, will take place on Sunday, February 5, 2023, at 2 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 1220 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA. Tickets are $49 for adults (early bird pricing of $29 through January 31), $15 for students; and are available at TalonSmithMusic.com or through this Eventbrite link. Public parking is available directly across the street from the venue. For rates and directions, please visit this link.
Talon Smith’s 24 Preludes are a tour de force for the piano, featuring a wide range of dynamic and technical demands that Talon Smith transcends throughout his passionate performances. The audience will also experience Talon Smith’s interpretations of masterpieces by Chopin, Ravel, and Stravinsky.
- Johannes Brahms: Trio in A minor, Op. 114
- Frédéric Chopin: Ballade in G minor, Op. 23
- Igor Stravinsky: 4 Etudes, Op. 7
- Maurice Ravel: Gaspard de la nuit, M. 55
- Talon Smith: 24 Preludes, Op. 1
This event at a glance:
- Two LA Philharmonic soloists join young virtuoso in performance of Brahms Trio, Op. 114.
- Premiere performance of Smith’s 24 preludes in conjunction with their publication.
- Smith will also perform solo works by Chopin, Stravinsky, and Ravel.
- Free tickets are available to seniors 70+ and to veterans.
Talon Smith’s 24 Preludes World Premiere tour will also include:
- Fri, Feb 10, 7:00 PM • Fresno, CA
- Sun, Feb 19, 4:00 PM • San Jose, CA
- More locations to be announced soon!
More information about the artists: