Musica Pacifica, one of America’s premier baroque ensembles, seeks a Booking Agent.
This part-time position starts at 15-20 hours per week; Although Musica Pacifica is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, candidates could work remotely from other areas of the country.
Note: if more hours are desired, another organization, also in need of a booking agent, could potentially double these hours.
· Regularly and consistently contact presenters by phone and email to secure concert engagements.
· Maintain and grow/develop database of prospective presenters active in booking live performances of classical music.
· Prepare copy for bi-monthly or monthly newsletter emailed to presenters and mailing list; distribute to list.
· Potentially negotiate fees and arrangements with presenters when group is engaged.
· Create simple sales sheets with graphics.
· Possibly other PR duties to be discussed.
· Sales ability, including making cold calls, tracking contacts, timely follow-up, and closing deals.
· A familiarity with classical music is required, and familiarity with early music preferred.
· Experience in this field is desirable, but resourcefulness, discipline and the ability to work independently are even more important.
· Competence with email, a direct mail platform (such as MailChimp), word processing, preparing marketing pieces, and database management.
· Basic to intermediate graphic design skills.
Compensation: an hourly fee plus commission on any engagements booked.
Please submit resume, cover letter and hourly salary requirements to Peter McDowell Arts Consulting, [email protected]